LDA has released a set of guidelines on how to avoid property scams while dealing in real estate schemes. The detailed instruction mentioned in the guidelines are as follows:
- Before investing, it is important to verify the approval status of housing schemes and other necessary details such as payment plans, possession time, etc.
- Visit the land site before booking and check the land is available as per the relevant land revenue department.
- Housing scheme developers often hide information while communicating verbally. Therefore, obtain the written document of the payment plan.
- Ensure the buyer pays every due through bank drafts and save a copy of the stamped receipts.
- Keep the necessary details such as developer, society owner, and regional booking office manager phone number and email address.
- While buying real estate in private housing schemes, check out approved layout plans and maps from relevant housing authorities.
- Check the list of entire plots in the scheme and ensure the land is included in the approved layout map of the housing society.
The investors can directly contact the Director of Metropolitan Planning office through telephone. Investors can visit the relevant office or seek information from LDA One Window Cell to check the information about housing societies.
For the latest Real Estate News and Blogs, visit Realtors blogs.