Pakistan’s exports in the month of October 2021 increased by 17.5% percent to $2.471 billion compared to $2.104 billion in last year October 2020. This is the highest-ever export record in any of the October in the history of the country. The export target for October 2021 was $2.6 billion.
During July-October 2021, Pakistan’s imports increased by 64% to $24.99 million compared to last year July-October 2020 which was $15.19 billion. According to the reports, about 40% of this increase was investment-driven (raw materials, capital goods, and intermediates) which indicates expansion and increased activity by industry. The remaining 60% of imports comprise petroleum, coal, and gas only 34%, vaccines hold 11%, food 8%, consumer goods 2%, and all remaining others 5%.